The truth about living in Japan

Beyond the picturesque mountainscapes and vibrant red Tori gates lies a world of concrete skyscrapers and fashion victims.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

It's winter again

So here I was, sitting around in my flimsys finally feeling glad about the state of the weather when suddenly it turned on me. The temperature dived from 14°C to 3°C in the space of a day, and I was caught out in the elements in my thin coat, thin trousers and no earmuffs!!

I talked to my neighbour. She told me the Japanese have a saying "4 days warm, 3 days cold, then spring". If that's the case, it looks like I just have to stay inside for the next few days and then I can enjoy the new season.

At the moment, I plan on never seeing winter again.

2 Comments:

At 2:59 pm, Blogger bigbikkuri said...

Heh, word to that. I went out to play tennis with a buddy of mine yesterday and it started SNOWING on the court!

Of course, I'm from the snowy northeast kingdom, so I prefer the cold to the heat. Japan's July makes me want to die.

 
At 6:39 pm, Blogger Eliza said...

Truely, Japan never has good weather.

I got caught out in the snow again, this time riding my scooter up into the mountains on a romantic ride my, now, fiance took me the day he decided to propose.

My fingers went numb.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home