The truth about living in Japan

Beyond the picturesque mountainscapes and vibrant red Tori gates lies a world of concrete skyscrapers and fashion victims.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Time for a new job.

Well, I didn't get the job. Which wasn't a big surprise, but it made me think seriously about where I want to be this year and what I want to be doing.

I'm staying in Japan, but I'm tired of working for soulless robots who think I am their Aibo to command. I want to be able to take holidays when my family and friends visit instead of being forced to take holidays during peak holiday seasons when airfares and hotel prices trebble.

So, I've decided to start teaching privately. Private lessons at Eikawas are outragiously expensive so there is a demand for private teachers. I've been doing this job for a year and a half and I need a change. I need to get control over my life and do it MY way instead of trying to conform to the image of a corporate monkey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home