The truth about living in Japan

Beyond the picturesque mountainscapes and vibrant red Tori gates lies a world of concrete skyscrapers and fashion victims.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Giffys giffys everywhere ...

... yet not what I'm looking for.

When I was a kiddy in the 80s I had some Giffys, little flexible gym shoes with a thin but well-gripping sole. Now I need them. I've taken up lounge-room exercise but my feet slip on the tatami mats. I can't wear sneakers because they'll destroy the delicate tatami, so now my memory takes me back to Giffys.



Which look a hellovalot like the standard cheap, yet highly fashionable, Japanese shoe for women.



However, I don't fancy doing aerobics in heels. Oh if only I could travel back to the 80s and grab me a pair of Giffys, all my problems would be solved at once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home