The truth about living in Japan

Beyond the picturesque mountainscapes and vibrant red Tori gates lies a world of concrete skyscrapers and fashion victims.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Spring is a springing.

It's finally warming up. I'm not used to seasons and so I've been getting tired of the cold. Then, on the weekend I lost my earmuffs and this upset me greatly and reminded me of how I've never needed earmuffs before, unless I was skiing.

However, as it turns out, I haven't needed my earmuffs since I lost them. They were getting pretty old and battered anyway. I guess they just reached the end of their lifespan.

The grass is turning green again and the mountains are changing colour. The blossoms are, well, blossoming and there is a distinct warmth in the air. Today I didn't wear stockings under my work pants, just socks, and my big jacket has been hung up and replaced by my white coat (which was once a very warm down-filled parker, but it lost half its down when I washed it).

I hope this warm turn lasts. I can't wait for the return of the beach weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home